Want to become registered as a diverse Alliant Energy supplier? First, review the guidelines and certification information below. Then email email@example.com. Please attach your company information and certification(s).
Registering as a diverse supplier with Alliant Energy
Step 1: Do you qualify as a diverse business?
A Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Service Disabled-Veteran Business Enterprise (SDVE) or LGBT-owned is a business venture that is at least 51% owned and controlled by a minority, woman, or service disabled-veteran respectively.
- For the purposes of the Alliant Energy’s Supplier Diversity Database, a minority can be of African American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian Pacific American or Asian Indian American descent and be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be certified by a third party certifying agency accepted by Alliant Energy (see acceptable agencies below), be registered in the System for Award Management database (www.sam.gov), or complete a self-certifying affidavit.
- We also recognize all small business designations including Small Business Enterprises, Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, HUBZone, and Veteran-owned Small Businesses.
To see if you qualify as a small business, you must first identify your company’s NAICS code which you can find on the Census website.
Then, you can see if you qualify as a small business using this table by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Step 2: Obtain Required Certification
To be considered for a bidding opportunity through Alliant Energy’s Supplier Diversity Program, a diverse supplier must be certified. Alliant Energy accepts and approves certification(s) provided by various third party organizations and certain federal, state and local agencies.
Certifying agencies for diverse suppliers
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Targeted Small Businesses Certification Program (Iowa)
- Wisconsin Supplier Development Council
- Wisconsin Dept. of Commerce - Women & Minority Business Development Program
- City of Milwaukee - Emerging Business Enterprise Program
- System for Award Management (Formerly the Central Contractor Registration)
- Small Business Administration
- U.S./State Department of Transportation
- Municipal Government Agencies
- State Government Agencies
NMSDC and WBENC are the recommended agencies if you intend to expand your services regionally/nationally. For more local services, contact the Wisconsin Supplier Development Council, Wisconsin Department of Commerce or Targeted Small Businesses in Iowa to register your company and obtain certification.
If you have not attached your complete company background, products/services offering and any available certifications, please do so at this time by forwarding it to firstname.lastname@example.org.