If you want a streetlight removed or a new streetlight installed, please contact your city clerk.
If you want your own rental security light installed or removed, please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268).
Use our streetlight repair request form to let us know about a streetlight that needs attention.
Municipal customers who own non-metered streetlights: If you have made changes to your system, or intend to do so, please complete the Customer-Owned, Non-Metered Street Light Change Request Form [PDF]. Please return the form to our Business Resource Center at email@example.com, your Key Account Manager, or Community Contact.
Area light rental
Improve your property’s safety and security with area lighting, while skipping the concerns about installation, maintenance and cost.
We offer residential, business and farm customers a hassle-free area lighting rental program.
Here's how it works
- We install, maintain and own the lighting and all related equipment.
- Service is "non-metered" and operated by a photoelectric cell on our system.
- A fixed rate will appear on your monthly bill. Consumption is not measured or recorded.
- In Iowa, any new installations are obligated to be on the program for a minimum of a one-year contract, or three if a pole is required.
- In Wisconsin, any new installations are obligated to be on the program for a minimum of five years. For Wisconsin rate information, view the MS-3 rate sheet on the electric scheduled rates.
- Available lighting options include flood lights (Iowa and Wisconsin) and roadway (streetlight) fixtures (Wisconsin only).