How to apply and qualify for rebates
We offer rebates to make energy-efficient products and services more affordable. You can take advantage of rebates one of two ways:
- Print, fill out and return the rebate claim form(s) with a copy of the sales receipt(s) or itemized invoice(s) no later than January 31, 2024. Products eligible for a rebate by filing a claim form can be found at alliantenergy.com/rebates.
- Instant Discounts are available on qualified central air conditioners and furnaces for residential and non-residential customers. Instant discounts are also available for qualified LED linear non-residential lighting.
Discounts are applied at the point of purchase from participating distributors eliminating the need to file a claim form. More information on participating distributors can be found at alliantenergy.com/instantrebates.
Products that are discounted instantly are not eligible to receive an additional rebate by filing a claim form.
- Visit the Alliant Energy® Marketplace (the “Marketplace”) to receive instant rebates on prequalified equipment. Rebates for eligible equipment are reflected in the purchase price at checkout. A rebate gift card will not be issued through the Marketplace.
Please note that some products and services may require additional documentation including, but not limited to, a UPC code or ENERGY STAR(R) logo from a product box. Additional requirements are noted on the rebate claim form or identified during checkout in the Marketplace.
You are limited to one rebate per item. A product purchased in the Marketplace is not eligible for a mail-in rebate.
Not all rebate-eligible products are available in the Marketplace. For some products, you will need to mail a printed rebate claim form to our rebate processing center or take part in our instant discount program. These include larger products that often require professional installation such as air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps and electric water heaters.
Rebate claim forms for products and services that are commonly completed by the equipment installer can be obtained directly from the place of business.
You can find all rebate claim forms online at alliantenergy.com/rebates or you can call 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to request them.
Rebate terms and conditions
IMPORTANT: Please read the following information before completing the rebate claim form.
Rebates are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebates and incentives are offered until approved funds are exhausted or through December 31, 2021, whichever comes first. Submitting a rebate claim form does not guarantee payment. Alliant Energy reserves the right to modify or end this rebate program at any time without prior notice.
- Participants must be an Iowa customer of Alliant Energy.
- Alliant Energy must supply the primary energy to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid. Some exceptions may apply.
- Rebate amount will not exceed 50% of equipment purchase price.
- Equipment must be new and installed on the premises and must not be purchased for resale. Refurbished equipment is not eligible. Some exceptions may apply.
- Alliant Energy reserves the right to inspect and verify the installation.
- Alliant Energy may restrict bulk purchasing or repeated purchases within the same calendar year.
- Alliant Energy reserves the right to meter the specified equipment or process, at no cost to the customer, to determine the actual energy saved for up to 18 months after installation.
- Rebates apply to new and replacement installations of qualified equipment, except where noted differently on the rebate claim form. In replacement situations, the efficiency of the equipment installed must be higher than that of the equipment removed.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring the equipment installed for this program meets all applicable codes, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Alliant Energy does not guarantee that installation of high-efficiency equipment will result in reduced usage or demand, or in cost savings.
- Alliant Energy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased and/or installed including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- In no event shall Alliant Energy be liable for any incidental or consequential damages.
- Alliant Energy does not endorse any particular manufacturer, product or system design in promoting this rebate program. Listing a product does not constitute an endorsement, nor does it imply that unlisted products are defective in any way.
- These programs are effective January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023 and are subject to periodic review by Alliant Energy.
- Any purchase of energy-efficient equipment must occur between January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023 to qualify for rebates. Receipts must show retail equipment cost. Installation of energy-efficient equipment must occur between January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- Alliant Energy reserves the right to contact customers who participate in the rebate programs for surveys to monitor and evaluate program performance.
- Submit rebate claim forms by January 31, 2024.
- Rebate claim forms postmarked after January 31, 2024 may be subject to 2024 program rebate changes or denied.