Install a smart thermostat in your home and save
Smart thermostats can save you energy and money. Plus, you can get a rebate.
Learn more about smart thermostats and available rebates where you live.
Install a smart thermostat and get up to $100 back
A properly working learning thermostat can save you up to 8 to 12% on your annual energy bill.
Iowa customers, you may qualify to receive a rebate up to $100 to purchase and install a learning thermostat in your home.
Shop the Alliant Energy® Marketplace to see if you qualify for instant rebates on smart thermostats and other energy-efficient products.
- Learning thermostat must include occupancy sensors and be optimized to predict weather patterns based on historical trends and forecasts.
- Alliant Energy must provide primary fuel to heating or cooling equipment.
- Thermostat must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Rebate must not exceed 50% of purchase price.
- Limit of two learning thermostats per household, per year.
- NOTE: Smart thermostats purchased on the Alliant Energy Marketplace are not eligible for a mail-in rebate as the equipment received an instant rebate at the time of purchase.
The age of your home determines your rebate.
- Homes five years or older are considered existing homes.
- Homes less than five years old are considered new homes.
How do I find a qualified dealer?
Visit our Dealer Locator to find a professional in your area.
Download the rebate form that matches your equipment installation timeframe for additional qualifications and details.
Install a smart thermostat and get up to $75 back through March 31, 2022
Smart thermostats are Wi-Fi enabled to allow you to control your home’s temperature and schedule from your mobile phones. Some smart thermostats learn your behavior and adjust temperatures based on your needs and habits. These thermostats typically save up to $120 annually. And for a limited time, you can get up to $75 off a qualifying smart thermostat through our partner Focus on Energy.*
How do I find a qualifying thermostat and get the rebate?
- Order online from the Focus on Energy Marketplace to receive the $75 discount instantly. Select from a variety of models, products ship free to your home.
- Or buy at the retailer of your choice. You can still receive a $75 rebate. Just submit an online application.
- If you’ve purchased and had it installed by a contractor, submit online.
Call our partner Focus on Energy at 1-800-762-7077
*$75 offer valid through March 31, 2021. Rebate will revert back to $50 on April 1, 2022.