Old appliances can cost you more than $100 per year on your energy bill
Recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer and save.
Learn more about Appliance Recycling where you live.
Recycle an appliance and get a rebate
If you’re an electric customer in Iowa, you can receive an instant rebate when you recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer. We’ll haul it away and recycle it for free. Plus you’ll get a $50 rebate for each appliance you recycle.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE PICKUP TODAY!
You can also schedule your pickup by calling 1-866-255-4268.
- $50 rebate per appliance recycled
- Maximum of two refrigerators and two freezers recycled per address
- Appliances must be in working condition*
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 cubic feet or larger
- No commercial sizes are accepted
- Must receive your electricity from Alliant Energy
* Working refrigerator or freezer is defined as the motor runs and cools.
What happens to recycled appliances?
Up to 95% of the appliances can be recycled and repurposed into things like pop cans, computer cases and cell phone cases. Check out this PowerHouse TV video to learn more.