Start service online
You can start service online. It’s easy!
Enroll in My Account
My Account is everything you need from Alliant Energy, in one place. After you start service, you will be emailed an account number. Use that account number to enroll to easily pay your bill, check your energy usage and sign up for other cool options.
Ways to pay your bill
We offer many convenient ways to pay your bill.
When it's time to move out
You can stop service online through My Account.
Does your new place also receive service from Alliant Energy? If so, simply move your service online.
See a list of communities we serve.
Power outages and gas odors
They don’t happen often. If you ever do find yourself in the dark, here’s what to know:
- Your meter reports power outages automatically to Alliant Energy, so you don’t have to.
- For information about when your power will be back on, use the outage map at alliantenergy.com/outage.
- If you have an emergency, like a downed power line or gas odor, call us at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268).
Here are some questions to ask your landlord when you move in.
- Will the electricity be on when I get there or do I need to start service?
- Do I need to put service in my name?
- Who’s in charge of paying the bill?
- Who pays for air conditioning?
- What kind of meter do we have? Is it a smart meter?
- What kind of heating system does the house or apartment have? Furnace, boiler, baseboard?
Once you set up a My Account, you can easily grant access to your account to another person – like a roommate, spouse or parent.
Here’s how to add a guest user on a mobile device:
After logging in to My Account, click on the three dashes at the top right of the screen.
Under My Profile, select Guest User.
Click Invite User (located at the top right of the screen).
A screen will pop up to request the following information:
- Service Account: Select the account you would like the guest user to access.
- Name: Enter the guest user’s name.
- Role: Select full or view-only access for your guest user. If your guest will need to take account actions, such as making a payment, they will need full access.
- Email: Enter your guest user’s email address.
- Access Period: Indicate how long your guest user should keep their access to your account. You can set this for as long as you would like.
The invited user will receive an email to activate their account.
You pay for electricity based on how much you use. Small changes can make a big difference.
- Use LED light bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. You could save as much as $75 a year! LEDs last a long time, so don’t forget to take them with you when you leave!
- Buy a smart power strip to automatically power down devices that aren’t in use.
- Lower your thermostat by 10 degrees if you’re going out of town for the weekend.