You can receive account notifications by email, text or phone. We’ll let you know when your bill is due and when we’ve received your payment.
Plus, we’ll tell you if there is an outage at your home or business. Sign up for additional helpful notifications in My Account.
You’ll automatically receive these by email.
- Bill is due
- Payment has been received
Sign up for these in My Account.
- High energy use alerts (Set an amount you don’t want to exceed each month. We’ll keep track and let you know if you hit it.)
- Starting or moving service
- Updates on questions or comments you’ve submitted
How to set your notification preferences
Log into My Account and select Notifications. Then, select Set Notification Preference at the top right corner.
Check or uncheck the different types of notifications.
Note: Because of their importance, billing and outage email notifications are required.
Frequently asked questions
Not receiving email notifications? Try the following.
- Check your spam or junk folder.
- Add email@example.com to your safe sender list.
- Check that your preferred email address is entered in the following locations:
- User Profile Email. Click on the small blue person icon in the top right corner. Choose Change Profile Email.
- Notifications Preferences. Select My Profile from the menu at the top, then click Set Notification Preferences at the top right. Make sure the email addresses displayed are correct.
- My Profile. Go to My Profile and update your email address under Customer Information.
Some notifications are so important, we send them to all customers who have shared their email address with us. These automatic notices are:
- Bill ready, Payment reminder, Payment past due, Disconnect notices, Budget change, Payment declined, Outage
- Start by setting up an alert. Select Usage from the top menu and then click Set Usage Alert on the top right.
Then, go to My Profile. Select Notification Preferences and add your email in the High Usage section.
How many email addresses can receive notifications for My Account?
- You can set notification preferences for up to five different email addresses.
How do I add another email to get notifications?
- To add multiple emails for notifications, log into My Account, select My Profile, and then select Notification Preferences. To add a new email, text or voice notification, click on the + sign on the right-hand side.
I submitted a question through Contact Us in My Account. Why didn’t I get an email notification when Alliant Energy replied?
- Our goal is to reply within two businesses days to questions submitted through My Account. Please check your notifications within My Account to view the reply from Alliant Energy.
I added the wrong email address for my Guest User Invite. What do I need to do?
- Log in to My Account and delete the Guest User Invite. Resend the Guest User Invite to the intended person.