We are energy; you can be, too!
Start as an intern at Alliant Energy.
Energy is everywhere we go and is constantly changing. Wind power and solar are shifting the way we generate and use energy, and serve our customers. It’s an exciting time to join Alliant Energy, and an internship is a great way to learn about us, our industry and the communities we serve.
We pay our interns a competitive wage and provide invaluable experience.
You’ll work on real projects that will make a difference at our company and to our customers.
We'll show you the day-to-day and behind-the-scenes in the energy industry.
- Tour a hydro-plant that’s more than 100 years old and still an important part of our portfolio.
- See how we make electricity at our natural gas powered generating facilities.
- Visit a wind farm and see solar power in action.
We'll get you out of the office.
- Network with other interns at social events.
- Meet executives at the Vice President Lunch and Learn.
- Get to know the community through a volunteer event.
- Take in a local semi-pro baseball game!
- Learn life–saving CPR.
- Gain new perspective in our Diversity Workshop.
We are investing in our future by investing in our employees, infrastructure, new technologies and renewable energy sources.
So we’re looking for interns in these areas:
- Engineering (Mechanical, electrical, chemical, civil and more)
- Wind technicians
- Informational technology
- Human resources
- Public relations
- Community affairs
- Customer experience
- Consumer pricing and sales forecasting (Economics/statistics)
Where do Alliant Energy interns work?
What opportunities are currently available?
Internships are available year round, but our program is the most active during the summer months. The duration of our internships are based on your schedule. We post all of our internship opportunities on our Career site as they become available throughout the year. We encourage you to create a Job Search Agent so you are notified when the next opportunity within your area of interest is available.