This is not your average internship. You’ll work on real projects that will make a difference.
Hear directly from students what they liked best about interning at Alliant Energy.
As a fully-paid intern, we'll show you the day-to-day and behind-the-scenes in the energy industry.
- Tour a hydro-plant that’s more than 100 years old and still an important part of our portfolio.
- See how we make electricity at our natural gas powered generating facilities.
- Visit a wind farm and see solar power in action.
- Network with other interns at social events.
- Meet executives at networking events.
- Get to know the community through volunteering.
- Take in a local semi-pro baseball game!
- Learn life–saving CPR.
- Gain new perspective in our Diversity Workshop.
We’re looking for interns in these areas:
- Engineering (mechanical, electrical, chemical, civil and more)
- Wind technicians
- Informational technology
- Human resources
- Public relations/marketing/communications
- Community affairs
- Customer experience
- Consumer pricing and sales forecasting (economics/statistics)
Where do Alliant Energy interns work?
A majority of our internships are located at our headquarters in Madison, Wis. and the Alliant Energy Tower in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. There are also interns based at our generating stations throughout our service territories in Wisconsin and Iowa. The location of an internship is dependent upon business needs and the type of work assigned to the intern.
What opportunities are currently available?
Internships are available year round, but our program is the most active during the summer months. The duration of our internships are based on your schedule. We post all of our internship opportunities on our Career site as they become available throughout the year. We encourage you to create a Job Search Agent so you are notified when the next opportunity within your area of interest is available.