Give the gift of comfort
It’s not about the donation. It’s about keeping families warm at night. Every day, families face difficult choices: food or medicine? Which bills to pay or let lapse? This year, the stress is even greater.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic:
About 1 in 6 U.S. workers has filed for unemployment.
1 in 3 households has struggled to pay regular expenses, including heating bills.
You can help your neighborsWhen you donate to Hometown Care Energy Fund, your neighbors receive help to pay their utility bills. That means they stay comfortable through the holidays – and have less due in back payments when they’re able to pay again.
Funds go directly to your neighbors in need, administered by local community action programs that know their communities best.
Last year, Alliant Energy employees, retirees, shareowners and people like you provided over $2 million to assist their neighbors in need.
How to donate
- Call 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268) to give over the phone.
- Mail a check.
Hometown Care Energy Fund
P.O. Box 3003
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-3003
- Become a monthly supporter. Families need help year-round. Make an incredible impact by choosing an amount to add to your regular bill. Call us at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268) to learn more.
Who we help
Hometown Care Energy Fund provides free, confidential financial help for Alliant Energy customers who are elderly, disabled or just trying to make ends meet, including:
- Households that meet income guidelines established by the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program [LIHEAP].
- Individuals over age 60 and on a fixed income with no alternative source of funds.
- Individuals who are permanently or temporarily disabled, or medically disabled, and unable to be economically self-sufficient.
- Special hardship cases not limited to income, age or eligibility.
- Renters who pay their own energy bills and meet LIHEAP income guidelines.
- An individual's payment history may also play an important part in selection for a Hometown Care Energy Fund grant.