Curious about online payment but tired of juggling passwords? Keep reading.
You can pay your Alliant Energy bill online without setting up an account or password. It’s called online guest payment.
Just like writing a check, you choose the amount you pay and when to pay it. Unlike writing a check, you get instant confirmation that your payment was received, and there’s no delay time in the mail.
You choose whether the payment comes from your bank account or a credit card (no fees).make a guest payment online
Myths about online payment
Have any of these myths kept you away from online payment? If they have, it may be time to give online bill pay another look.
Myth #1. To pay my Alliant Energy bill online, I’ll have to set up another password.
THE TRUTH: Another password is the last thing anyone needs. That’s why you can make a guest payment online without a password. All you need is your Alliant Energy account number, which is on your bill.
Myth #2. Online payment isn’t safe.
THE TRUTH: Most identity theft starts with physical documents, including lost or stolen mail. With online payment, there’s no physical mail to intercept.
Myth #3. If I pay online, I’ll stop receiving my paper bill.
THE TRUTH: Making an online payment won’t cancel your paper bill. If you’re getting a paper bill now, you’ll keep getting it – regardless of how you pay.
Convenience, safety and speed with online guest payment
- No password or login information to remember – just your Alliant Energy account number, which you can find on your bill.
- No stamps or checks to buy.
- Pay with your bank account or a credit card (no fees).
- Did you know? Most identity theft starts with physical documents, including lost or stolen mail. With online payment, there’s no physical mail to intercept.
- Pay from the comfort of your own home.
- Pay your bill in just a few clicks – three minutes or less.
- Your payment is processed and applied to your account instantly. There’s no wondering if we received your payment.
- No frustrating late fees for payments delayed in the mail.
How it works
Watch the video to see how to make a guest payment online.
Frequently asked questions
Does paying online mean I will no longer receive a paper bill?
How you pay your bill doesn’t change how you receive it. If you currently receive a paper bill, you’ll continue to receive it – regardless of how you choose to pay.
How can I be sure that my payment went through?
With online guest payment, your payment is immediately processed and applied to your account. You’ll see a “Payment Successful" message after you input your payment information and receive a confirmation via email.
What if I try online payment and don’t like it?
We hope you’ll find online guest payment convenient and simple. But if not, just pay your next bill by mail again like usual.