It’s easy to conserve water in your home. Make small changes to everyday habits and swap hardware to manage water flow in your kitchen, bathroom and beyond. This will have a lasting impact not only on your pocketbook, but on the planet.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Turn off the faucet while you brush your teeth.
- Use the dishwasher and run full loads only. It’s more efficient and uses less water than washing by hand.
- Wash laundry in cold water rather than hot or warm.
- Fix any leaks – as soon as possible. Even the tiniest drip wastes gallons a day.
- Replace your faucet aerators – bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, etc. – to conserve water and improve flow.
- Switch to a high-efficiency showerhead to manage flow without sacrificing pressure.
- Grab a few of these energy-efficient products – for free! – in our marketplace through our partnership with Focus on Energy.
Simple shifts in your behavior paired with updated showerheads and faucet aerators will help you consume energy consciously, conserve water and save money.
Learn more about ways to save energy in your home.