Proper wiring and grounding of electrical systems can increase the safety and well-being of farm investments. We offer a wiring program in Wisconsin designed to increase farm safety, productivity and efficiency, while decreasing the potential for stray voltage on livestock farms.
- Incentive grants up to $10,000 per wiring project.
- Alliant Energy pays the first $1,000.
- After the first $1,000, Alliant Energy pays 50% of the remaining cost up to $9,000 on most farms.
- Dairy customers are eligible for an additional $10,000 cost share.
- Farm customers converting from single-phase to three-phase, or installing a new three-phase service, are eligible for an additional $10,000 cost share.
Who is eligible?
- Wisconsin Alliant Energy electric customers who file an IRS Schedule F tax form.
- New construction and upgrades to existing buildings are eligible projects.
How does it work?
- You or your electrician contacts your Alliant Energy agricultural representative to discuss project scope.
- The agricultural representative schedules a site visit as needed to approve the plan.
- Your electrician completes wiring upgrades on your farm.
- The agricultural representative will schedule an electrical inspection.
- A state or state-approved inspector confirms the rewiring is code compliant.
- The electrician sends an invoice to the agricultural representative.
- Your agricultural representative completes an application, calculates the incentive and sends a you a check.
Contact your local agricultural representative with questions or to get started:
- Wautoma/Wisconsin Rapids/Marion/Amherst/Berlin: Jeff Faulks, (715) 754-4320
- Tomah/Mauston/Portage/Baraboo/Spring Green: Graham Cassellius, (608) 372-0383
- Ripon/Beaver Dam/Fond du Lac/Sheboygan: Brian Costello, (920) 322-6638
- Prairie du Chien/Platteville/Mineral Point/Verona: Anthony Esch, (608) 458-4278
- Windsor/Stoughton/Janesville/Monroe/Elkhorn: Blake Teutschmann, (608) 328-5346