76th Avenue and Edgewood Road SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
Acreage: The Big Cedar Mega Site is the 890 acre certified portion within the 1,391 acre Big Cedar Industrial Center. The site is Iowa’s first Mega Site, which offers natural pads of 400 contiguous acres for development. The entire 1,391 acres are controlled by Alliant Energy.
Topography: Gently sloping
Site certification: Iowa’s Certified Sites program is administered by Quest Site Solutions and parallels a typical site location process.
Adjacent available acres: 582 (Cedar Rapids Land and Air Super Park)
Setting: Industrial center
Within city limits: No
Community: As the second-largest city in the state, Cedar Rapids is the largest corn-processing city in the world and one of the leading industrial bio-processing and food ingredient centers in North America
Sale price: $40,000 per acre
Interstate access: Site is located four miles from Interstate 380 which connects with Interstate 80, an east–west transcontinental freeway, 10 miles to the south
Additional transportation: The Eastern Iowa Airport is less than three miles from the site. The airport is a designated Foreign Trade Zone, offering direct flights to 14 U.S. cities
Rail served: Yes – CRANDIC, connecting to all Class I railroads
Electric: Alliant Energy
– The park has capacity of up to 800 MWs of electric power.
– Primary voltage: 161 kV on west border of site and 69 kV northern boundary of site
– Looped: Yes – substations are on the NW corner of site and eastern boundary. The Beverly Substation can be expanded to 345 kV and the Morgan Valley 345 kV Breaker Station is planned for future growth.
Gas: MidAmerican Energy
– Pressure: 12” 720 psi; 6” and 3” 60 psi
Sewer distribution: City of Cedar Rapids
– Peak capacity at plant per day: 36 million gallons
– BOD lbs per day: 131,500 lbs per day
– TSS lbs per day: 34,100 lbs per day
Water distribution: City of Cedar Rapids
– Peak capacity at plant per day: 7 million gallons
– Pressure: 60 psi
Telecommunications: Redundant fiber, active Ethernet and dark fiber – multiple providers