Get back on track
Falling behind on payments is stressful and it can be hard to catch up.
The Arrears Management Program reduces your past-due (arrears) balance without added hardship ─ making it easier to get back on track.
You can bring your past-due balance to $0 in just 12 months without making a payment toward it just by paying your current monthly bills on time.
How does the program work?
We’ll forgive 25% of your account balance.
- At the time of enrollment, we automatically forgive 25% of your account balance.
- Example: If your past-due balance was $500, we automatically forgive $125 and your remaining balance is $375.
Your remaining balance is added to the program.
- The remaining 75% of your account balance is added to the program.
A portion of your balance will be forgiven each month you make an on-time bill payment.
- Each time you pay your current monthly bill, we forgive 1/12 of the remaining past-due balance.
- Example: If your remaining past-due balance is $375, we deduct $31.25 from your balance each month you make your current monthly bill payment on time.
Your arrears balance will be paid off in 12 months.
- If you continue to make on-time monthly payments for twelve months, your account balance will be paid in full.
Can I be removed from the program?
How did I qualify?
Call the Customer Service Center at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268).