You’ve got a lot on your mind. Streamline your billing and keep your properties cozy, comfortable and in demand. We’re here to help with a suite of services for multifamily property owners, managers and landlords.
What qualifies as a multifamily property?
Multifamily is defined as more than three units in one building shell, three stories or less, located on one lot. The property must receive its electricity or natural gas (or both) from Alliant Energy. Rebate amounts may vary depending on which type of fuel the property receives.
Check out your options:
Managing rental properties means keeping track of a lot of information. We’ll help you manage your accounts.
With our property alert service, we'll call you in the event that something occurs at your property that you need to know about (meter obstruction, meter tampering, etc.)
Just mail us a full list of your properties with their addresses and your contact information. Questions? Call us at 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268).
Attn: Customer Support Services/Landlord
P.O. Box 351
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Landlord Property Arrangement
Save yourself some time! With a Landlord Property Arrangement, we’ll consolidate bills and reporting for your properties.
- We’ll notify you when tenants cancel utility service and it reverts to the landlord’s name.
- We’ll group monthly bills for rental properties by location and/or billing date, so you get everything you need in one envelope (or one click, if you’re using My Account).
- Your meters will stay on when a tenants ends service.
Multifamily New Construction
For Iowa customers
Building new? You won’t want to miss our incentives for new, energy-efficient properties, based on square footage. Pre-register your project before you break ground by calling 1-888-476-9534.
Incentive levels for Multifamily New Construction
|Fuel and Equipment||Incentives per sq. ft.|
|Gas fuel for heating and cooling equipment||$1|
|Electric heating and cooling equipment||$1|
|Gas heating only equipment||$0.55|
|Electric cooling only equipment||$0.25|
- You must pre-register your project before breaking ground. Call us to pre-register at 1-888-476-9534.
- Your builder will complete the rebate form after construction is completed. Discuss rebate allocation with your builder before construction begins.
- Individual units must meet HERS rating of 62 or lower.
- Individual units must meet 2012 IECC code.
- Individual heating and cooling units must be SAVE-certified with an excellent rating, pass a third-party verification and listed in AHRI directory.
Builder must provide:
- Builder/company name and email
- Contact name
- Contact phone number
- Address of the construction project
- Construction start date
- Estimated completion date
Builders are required to perform a HERS test on one out of every seven similar units. Similar units must have the same square footage and configuration. Exterior units are treated differently than interior.
HERS scores - the lower, the better
Just like a car’s fuel efficiency is measured in miles per gallon, the HERS rating measures the energy efficiency of a home. A lower score is better. Alliant Energy offers rebates for multifamily new construction with a HERS score of 62 or lower.
We offer a large selection of rebates on equipment for multifamily dwellings, including lighting, heating, water heating, insulation and more.
Location of installed measures, upgrades and meter classification will determine whether you fill out a commercial or residential rebate claim form. Pre-registration is required for some rebates, so call us for help at 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268).
My Account can save you time
With our online self-service tool, My Account, you can:
- Monitor the status of accounts that are in your name
- Verify whether your tenants have asked to start or stop service