Alliant Energy supports the economic growth of your community by funding projects in these areas:
Studies, strategic plans and projects designed to enhance or grow the available skilled workforce in a community or region. Consideration will be given to programs that align or enhance workforce development efforts at the state level.
Studies, strategic plans and projects designed to rehabilitate, release or build new workforce housing.
Quality of Place
Studies, strategic plans and projects designed to create new amenities and enhancements that make our communities a better place to live and work.
Studies and engineering costs for new industrial-focused developments working toward state site certification.
We’re adding flexibility to our programs to allow us to cover unique or unusual needs that may exist for a company, from efforts to retain a business to a special project that will have a lasting impact on your community.
- Funding levels will be determined based on financial need and quality of project.
- No project will be funded at a level above 50% of total cost.
- Funding is limited for the calendar year and will be provided first come, first served.
- The recipient organization must be focused on business retention and growth efforts and/or quality of place projects for a community or communities served by Alliant Energy.
- The local community must be actively marketing available sites or buildings on the Location One Information System (LOIS).
- The recipient organization must be completing Business Retention and Expansion visits, such as the BEST of Iowa annual Synchronist visits.