My Account Help Messages
Do I need to use the name on my bill?
No, the name entered here can be different from the billing name.
Where can I find my account number?
Your account number can be found in the account number field located at the top of your bill.
When will my payment post?
Payments will post on your account the day you make them. Once a payment is posted it cannot be changed or deleted. It may take up to three days to see the transaction post with your financial institution.
Why do I need this?
The last four digits of your SSN or Tax ID are used to verify the account for which you are making a payment.
What is Outdoor Area Lighting?
Outdoor Area Lighting provides area lighting to ensure the security and safety of your property. Alliant Energy offers residential, business and farm customers a hassle-free area lighting rental program.
Here’s how the program works:
- Alliant Energy installs, maintains and owns the lighting and all related equipment.
- Service is “non-metered” and operated by a photoelectric cell on the company’s system.
- A fixed rate will appear on your monthly bill. Consumption is not measured or recorded.
- Any new installations are obligated to be on the program for a minimum of five years.
- Available lighting options include roadway (street light) fixtures and flood lights.
What is Time of Day (TOD) or Nights & Weekends?
With pricing from Time of Day (Iowa) or Nights & Weekends (Wisconsin), you can reduce the amount you pay for electricity by using it wisely and at the right time. All the electricity you use during off-peak hours – between late evening and overnight hours and all weekend – is billed at a significant discount.
What if my final bill needs to be mailed to a military or international address?
If a final bill needs to be mailed to a military or international address, please contact our Customer Support Center at 1-800-ALLIANT (255-4268).