Start service online
Enroll in My Account
My Account is everything you need from Alliant Energy, in one place. After you start service, you will be emailed an account number. Use that account number to simply enroll to easily pay your bill, check your energy usage and sign up for other cool options.
What's the easiest way to pay my bill?
What do I do if there's a power outage or gas odor?
Power outages don’t happen often. If you ever do find yourself in the dark, here’s what to know:
- Report a power outage instantly online.
- If you have an emergency, like a downed power line or gas odor, call us at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268).
- For information about when your power will be back on, use the outage map at alliantenergy.com/outage.
Want a deeper dive on how we restore power? Learn more.
Before you sign a lease, talk with your landlord about who pays for which utilities. Some landlords take care of utility expenses and recoup the cost through your rent. Others let renters handle this directly with local utility companies. So just ask! While you’re at it, here’s a few more questions you’ll want to get clarity on.
- Will the electricity be on when I get there or do I need to start service?
- Do I need to put service in my name?
- Who’s in charge of paying the bill?
- Who pays for air conditioning?
- What kind of meter do we have? Is it a smart meter?
- What kind of heating system does the house or apartment have? Furnace, boiler, baseboard?
Once you set up My Account, you can easily grant access to your account to another person – like a roommate, spouse or parent.
Here’s how to add a guest user on a mobile device:
- After logging in to My Account, click on the three dashes at the top right of the screen.
- Under My Profile, select Guest User.
- Click Invite User (located at the top right of the screen).
- A screen will pop up to request the following information:
-Service Account: Select the account you would like the guest user to access.
-Name: Enter the guest user’s name.
-Role: Select full or view-only access for your guest user. If your guest will need to take account actions, such as making a payment, they will need full access.
-Email: Enter your guest user’s email address.
-Access Period: Indicate how long your guest user should keep their access to your account. You can set this for as long as you would like.
- The invited user will receive an email to activate their account.
Summer months tend to have higher electricity bills. Winter months tend to have higher gas bills. Keep in mind that energy costs will vary based on your location and usage.
If your new apartment or house is in the Alliant Energy service area, you can check its previous energy use and costs.
You pay for electricity based on how much you use. Small changes can make a big difference.
- Use LED lightbulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. You could save as much as $75 a year! LEDs last a long time, so don’t forget to take them with you when you leave!
- Buy a smart power strip to automatically power down devices that aren’t in use.
- Lower your thermostat by 10 degrees if you’re going out of town for the weekend.