When you use electricity can make a difference in how much it costs
How does the Time of Day program work?
All the electricity you use during off-peak hours ─ late evening through overnight, and all weekend ─ is billed at a significant discount.
Why? Off-peak hours are when the demands for electricity are lowest. When you use less electricity during the day, you help us keep the power flowing to all our customers ─ and you help the environment.
Off-peak (best time to use energy) hours are between 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Friday, and anytime on weekends. Note: we no longer change for Daylight Savings Time. To make things easier to remember, off-peak hours will stay the same all year long.
Is there a cost to participate?
There is no additional cost to participate in the Time of Day program.
How can I make Time of Day work for me?
You will save if you are able to use more electricity during off-peak hours in the evenings and on weekends.
- Keep track of how and when you use your electric appliances to determine what tasks you can delay until off-peak hours.
- Turn off your air conditioner during the day, or turn thermostat up five to ten degrees.
- If you have an electric water heater, install a timer to heat water only at night.
- Wait to run your dishwasher until evening.
- Instead of using your electric oven, cook with smaller appliances like your microwave or toaster oven.
What if I don't save money?
If you don't use as much electricity off-peak as you thought, and can't adapt your use to fit the program, we'll remove you from the Time of Day rate. We do ask that you remain on the program for a minimum of one year to really see the benefit.
Ready to get started?
Existing customers: please complete this form.
New customers: please enroll in My Account when you start service.