Guaranteed lower energy rates
In exchange for reducing consumption during periods of extreme demand, you receive a discount on your electric pricing for the entire year. Your rates will be based on the interruptible rider you choose for your company, either instantaneous or one-hour.
You can review the tariff rate sheets for details on the options and the credits for the interruptible programs.
How it works
During peak usage time, typically during the summer, we will notify predetermined contacts throughout your business prior to curtailment periods.
A typical curtailment works like this:
- Alliant Energy's Systems Operations Center determines the need for curtailment.
- Your company is notified via our Power Manager Communication System. Power Manager can send notifications simultaneously to multiple contacts within your company in the ways you choose - by phone, email, pager or fax.
- Depending on the curtailment option that you have agreed to, your company will reduce usage to pre-determined levels.
- We will notify your business when the curtailment period ends.
We make every effort to provide advanced notice; however, depending on which tariff your company has decided on, notification time can be:
- Instantaneous: your company curtails power as soon you receive notification
- One-Hour: your company will receive at minimum one-hour notice prior to a curtailment event.
At least one landline telephone that is available 24 hours a day and operational in the event of a power outage must be set up to receive the notification from Power Manager. All individuals receiving telephone notification are asked to press “1” at the beginning to hear the message, as well as to confirm receipt by pressing “1” at the end of the message.
Get started today!
Contact your Alliant Energy account manager or email email@example.com to find out if the Interruptible Program is right for your business.