Old appliances can cost you more than $100 per year on your energy bill
Recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer and save.
Learn more about Appliance Recycling where you live.
Recycle an appliance and get a rebate
If you’re an electric customer in Iowa, you can receive an instant rebate when you recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer. We’ll haul it away and recycle it for free. Plus you’ll get up to a $50 rebate for each appliance you recycle.
You can also schedule your pickup by calling 1-866-255-4268.
- $50 rebate per appliance recycled
- Maximum of two refrigerators and two freezers recycled per address
- Appliances must be in working condition*
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 cubic feet or larger
- No commercial sizes are accepted
- Must receive your electricity from Alliant Energy
* Working refrigerator or freezer is defined as the motor runs and cools.