Farm Wiring ProgramWe offer a wiring program designed to increase farm safety, productivity and efficiency, while decreasing the potential for stray voltage on livestock farms.
- Alliant Energy will pay the first $1,000 of a wiring project.
- We'll then pay 50 percent of the remaining cost up to $9,000.
Who is eligible?
- Any Wisconsin farmer who receives electricity from Alliant Energy may be eligible.
- All livestock buildings are eligible for the Farm Wiring Program.
How does it work?
- An Alliant Energy Agricultural Representative conducts an investigation and analyzes your farm for stray voltage.
- You receive a report with recommendations.
- You ask an electrician for a written estimate of the farm wiring project and send it to us.
- The electrician rewires your farm and schedules an electrical inspection.
- A state or state-approved inspector confirms that the rewiring is in code compliance.
- The electrician sends the invoice to the Agricultural Representative.
- The Agricultural Representative completes the application, calculates the incentive and sends the Farm Wiring incentive check to you.
Questions or ready to take the next step?
Contact the Business Resource Center at 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268).