Electric heat pump water heater
Think of a heat pump water heater like a refrigerator, but working backwards. Electric heat pump water heaters take the heat out of surrounding air and use it to heat the water inside.
ENERGY STAR® estimates an electric heat pump water heater can save a family of four about $330 on electric bills when compared to a standard electric water heater.
Learn more about heat pump water heaters at powerhousetv.com.
We offer a rebate for electric heat pump water heaters up to $350.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR qualified
- Qualifying unit must be shown in the current AHRI directory
- Must be an Alliant Energy electric customer
- Tier 1 heat pumps less than or equal to 55 gallons must have a UEF greater than or equal to 2.0
- Tier 1 heat pumps greater than 55 gallons must have a UEF greater than or equal to 2.16
- Tier 2 heat pumps less than or equal to 55 gallons must have a UEF greater than or equal to 2.36
- Tier 2 heat pumps greater than 55 gallons must have a UEF greater than or equal to 2.55
The age of your home will determine your rebate.
- Homes five years or older are considered existing homes.
- Homes less than five years old are considered new homes.
|Qualifying Unit||Existing Home||New Home|
Tier 1 heat pump water heater
|$300 rebate||$180 rebate|
Tier 2 heat pump water heater
|$350 rebate||$210 rebate|
How do I find a qualified dealer?
Visit our Dealer Locator to find a professional in your area.