Central air conditioner
An energy-efficient central air conditioner will help you save money and energy. According to the Department of Energy, replacing a 10-year-old air conditioner with a newer, more efficient model could save you 20% to 40% on your cooling costs. We offer rebates for central air conditioners up to $600.
- Alliant Energy must provide the electricity for the equipment installed
- Minimum efficiency: SEER 15and EER 12.5
- Units less than 65,000 BTUH
- Condenser and coil must both be replaced
- Qualifying unit must be listed in the current AHRI directory
- Homes five years or older are considered existing homes.
- Homes less than five years old are considered new homes.
|Qualifying Unit||Existing Home||New Home|
SEER 15 EER 12.5
|$150 rebate||$90 rebate|
SEER 16 EER 13
|$300 rebate||$180 rebate|
|SEER 18 EER 14||$600 rebate||$360 rebate|
What is SEER?
Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is a measure of the cooling efficiency of the unit based on an average summer temperature. A higher SEER value indicates a more efficient unit.
What is EER?
Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) is a measure of the unit’s efficiency. It isn’t calculated with seasonal temperatures, but with constant outside and inside temperatures.
How do I find a qualified dealer?
Visit our Dealer Locator to find a professional in your area.