- As of April 4, 2019, due to higher than expected participation for the allowable budget, we are no longer accepting pre-approval applications for natural gas Custom Rebates and Commercial New Construction projects scheduled to be completed in 2019.
- As of May 1, 2019, due to higher than expected participation for the allowable budget, we are no longer accepting pre-approval applications for electric Custom Rebates and Commercial New Construction projects scheduled to be completed in 2019. We are also suspending any new requests for Energy Audits, Feasibility Studies, Find-n-Fix and Retrocommissioning projects through 2019.
We are still accepting pre-approval applications and enrollments for projects that are anticipated to be complete in 2020 and beyond. Please contact your Account Manager or call 1-866-ALLIANT for assistance with enrolling projects for 2020 and beyond.
A Retro-Commissioning (RCx) Study identifies ways to optimize your facility’s direct digital controls (DDC) or process controls. Most solutions will be no- to low-cost operational and maintenance adjustments that may result in significant energy and cost savings.
Consider a Retro-Commissioning (RCx) Study if your building meets the following requirements:
- Minimum of 20,000 square feet
- DDC system or process controls that are two to 10 years old and do not need any capital repairs
- No major system renovation plans for the area under consideration
The study provides:
- Information on reprogramming the building’s DDC or process controls
- A design and control sequence with detailed instructions for reprogramming the controls
- Real-time verification to assure all controls are working properly
- Building management training to maximize the new system parameters
- Twelve-month comparison of pre- and post-RCx Study energy- and cost-savings
Alliant Energy will reimburse 50% of the RCx Study cost upon completion of the study. Alliant Energy will reimburse the remaining 50% of the study cost after the RCx Study recommendations with a payback of two years or less have been completed and verified.
How do I qualify?
A RCx Study must be conducted in a building that Alliant Energy supplies the primary heating or cooling energy.
How do I apply?
Call 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268) Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or contact your Key Account Manager.