- As of April 4, 2019, due to higher than expected participation for the allowable budget, we are no longer accepting pre-approval applications for natural gas Custom Rebates and Commercial New Construction projects scheduled to be completed in 2019.
- As of May 1, 2019, due to higher than expected participation for the allowable budget, we are no longer accepting pre-approval applications for electric Custom Rebates and Commercial New Construction projects scheduled to be completed in 2019. We are also suspending any new requests for Energy Audits, Feasibility Studies, Find-n-Fix and Retrocommissioning projects through 2019.
We are still accepting pre-approval applications and enrollments for projects that are anticipated to be complete in 2020 and beyond. Please contact your Account Manager or call 1-866-ALLIANT for assistance with enrolling projects for 2020 and beyond.
A Feasibility Study is a detailed analysis that quantifies the benefits of the energy-efficiency upgrades recommended in an Energy Audit. The study analyzes current energy use, expenses and projected energy savings to determine the cost-effectiveness of a potential project.
We’ll reimburse 50% of the pre-approved study cost, up to $7,500. If your business implements 75% or more of the total energy-savings projects identified in the study within 18 months, we will reimburse the remaining cost of the study, up to $7,500. Projects identified through a Feasibility Study are eligible for Custom Rebates.
Projects not eligible for a Feasibility Study include:
- Installation of a product or piece of equipment to verify its performance
- New construction projects
- Pilot projects and analysis of new technology
- Process changes not related to energy
- Research and development
How do I qualify?
You can use a qualified third-party firm to conduct the Feasibility Study, but pre-approval by Alliant Energy is required.
A Feasibility Study must be conducted in a building that Alliant Energy supplies the primary heating or cooling energy.
How do I apply?
Call 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268) Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or contact your Key Account Manager.