As of September 18, 2019, Alliant Energy is accepting new 2019 pre-approval applications and enrollments for Commercial New Construction and Custom Rebate projects expected to be completed by December 1, 2019 (including Energy Audits, Feasibility Studies, Find-n-Fix and Retrocommissioning projects).
We are continuing to accept pre-approval applications and enrollments for projects that are anticipated to be completed in 2020 and beyond.
All funding is available on a first-come, first served basis and is subject to budget restrictions.
Please contact your Key Account Manager or the Business Resource Center at 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268) for assistance.
How does it work?
We will send a professional energy analyst to your facility to conduct an Energy Audit using the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE) guidelines.
The Energy Audit is free and provides information on your facility’s energy performance and offers details to help prioritize investments in energy-efficiency upgrades. These investments will help reduce energy use and operating costs of your business.
The audit involves:
- Collecting and studying historical energy usage
- Studying the building’s operational characteristics
- Identifying and analyzing energy-saving modification opportunities
- Prioritizing strategies that will have the greatest impact
- Presenting a report in person
The report includes:
- Description of energy-consuming systems
- Twelve-month billing analysis
- Determining energy consumption by end use
- Benchmarking of energy use and cost against peer facilities
- Energy-saving recommendations with estimated costs and financial metrics
- If further analysis is recommended, Alliant Energy offers a Feasibility Study as a next step.
How do I qualify?
Audit must be conducted in a building that Alliant Energy supplies the primary heating or cooling energy.