- As of April 4, 2019, due to higher than expected participation for the allowable budget, we are no longer accepting pre-approval applications for natural gas Custom Rebates and Commercial New Construction projects scheduled to be completed in 2019.
- As of May 1, 2019, due to higher than expected participation for the allowable budget, we are no longer accepting pre-approval applications for electric Custom Rebates and Commercial New Construction projects scheduled to be completed in 2019. We are also suspending any new requests for Energy Audits, Feasibility Studies, Find-n-Fix and Retrocommissioning projects through 2019.
We are still accepting pre-approval applications and enrollments for projects that are anticipated to be complete in 2020 and beyond. Please contact your Account Manager or call 1-866-ALLIANT for assistance with enrolling projects for 2020 and beyond.
How does it work?
We will send a professional energy analyst to your facility to conduct an Energy Audit using the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE) guidelines.
The Energy Audit is free and provides information on your facility’s energy performance and offers details to help prioritize investments in energy-efficiency upgrades. These investments will help reduce energy use and operating costs of your business.
The audit involves:
- Collecting and studying historical energy usage
- Studying the building’s operational characteristics
- Identifying and analyzing energy-saving modification opportunities
- Prioritizing strategies that will have the greatest impact
- Presenting a report in person
The report includes:
- Description of energy-consuming systems
- Twelve-month billing analysis
- Determining energy consumption by end use
- Benchmarking of energy use and cost against peer facilities
- Energy-saving recommendations with estimated costs and financial metrics
- If further analysis is recommended, Alliant Energy offers a Feasibility Study and a Retro-Commissioning Study as next steps.
How do I qualify?
Audit must be conducted in a building that Alliant Energy supplies the primary heating or cooling energy.