Proper wiring and grounding of electrical systems can increase the safety and well-being of farm investments.
Alliant Energy is offering a wiring program designed to increase farm safety, productivity and efficiency, while decreasing the potential for stray voltage on livestock farms.
- Alliant Energy will pay the first $1,000 of a wiring project.
- Alliant Energy then pays 50 percent of the remaining cost up to $9,000.
- Any Wisconsin farmer who receives electricity from Alliant Energy may be eligible.
- All livestock buildings are eligible for the Farm Wiring Program.
- An Alliant Energy Agricultural Representative conducts an investigation and analyzes your farm for stray voltage.
- You receive a report with recommendations.
- You ask an electrician for a written estimate of the farm wiring project and send it to us.
- The electrician rewires your farm and schedules an electrical inspection.
- A state or state-approved inspector confirms that the rewiring is in code compliance.
- The electrician sends the invoice to the Agricultural Representative.
- The Agricultural Representative completes the application, calculates the incentive and sends the Farm Wiring incentive check to you.
Contact the Business Resource Center
to learn more about Farm Wiring.
Focus on Energy, Wisconsin utilities’ statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable development, works with eligible Wisconsin agribusinesses to help customers make all aspects of production and operation more energy efficient and cost-effective.
Financial incentives are available to agribusinesses through Focus on Energy.
Information, resources and financial incentives help you implement projects that otherwise would not be completed, or to complete projects sooner than scheduled. Focus on Energy’s efforts help Wisconsin agribusinesses manage rising energy costs, promote in-state economic development, protect our environment and control the state’s growing demand for electricity and natural gas.
Learn more about Focus on Energy agribusiness programs
Alliant Energy makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased and/or installed, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Alliant Energy be liable for any incidental or consequential damage.