Alliant Energy’s Minnesota utility is selling our electric distribution systems, related business assets and the operation of those systems to 12 member cooperatives of the Southern Minnesota Energy Cooperative. More information can be found at alliantenergy.com/minnesota.
If you are an Alliant Energy electric customer in Minnesota, your electric service will soon be provided by your local electric cooperative, pending final settlement.
Customers will receive a transition guide from Alliant Energy, a postcard stating the effective sale date and a welcome letter from the local electric cooperative.
For energy-efficiency rebates on electricity-saving projects, you may continue to apply with Alliant Energy up until our last date of serving you (expected in early third quarter 2015).
- Watch your mail. You will receive a transition guide from Alliant Energy, a postcard stating when the transfer of your electric service will occur and a welcome letter from your new electric cooperative.
- If you have made a purchase that qualifies for an electric rebate, apply as soon as your project is complete.
- Before the sale date (listed in your mailings), apply with Alliant Energy.
- For 30 days after the sale date, you may apply for Alliant Energy rebates through Southern Minnesota Energy Cooperative. Send applications to: Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative, Attn: Ryan Hentges, 125 Minnesota Valley Electric Drive, Jordan, MN 55352.
- After the 30-day period has passed, ask your local cooperative about the energy-efficiency programs and services they offer. Equipment and project costs incurred more than 30 days after the sale date are subject to your local cooperative’s rebate program terms.
Please consult Minnesota Energy Resources for their energy-efficiency program terms and conditions. You can contact Minnesota Energy Resources customer services representatives at (800) 889-9508.
You don’t sleep until the work is done. Make sure you have good lighting to help you get the work done.
If you’re adding appliances to your farm buildings, check out the rebates we offer.
Just because we didn’t list something doesn’t mean it’s not a good energy-efficient investment. We offer Custom Rebates to help offset the cost of special projects.
Get the most out of your milking operation with energy-efficient equipment. Check out the rebates we offer for dairy operations.
Heating and cooling your outbuildings or other offices can use a lot of energy. Check out the rebates we offer on energy-efficient equipment.
Did you know energy accounts for 97% of a motor’s lifetime costs? Buy an energy-efficient motor and we’ll give you a rebate.
From tractor heater timers to low-pressure irrigation systems, Alliant Energy is ready to help make your farm or agribusiness more energy-efficient
Farms need fans. Check out our offerings for rebates on ventilation and circulation fans.
Please read the terms and conditions before completing any rebate claim form.