For Alliant Energy residential customers in Iowa and Minnesota
Yes, you can afford to invest in energy efficiency. Zero percent financing for one year makes it possible. If you qualify, there are no loan fees, no points, no security liens and most importantly, no down payments. Plus, the application and approval process is easy and fast.
Do the math – see how much energy-efficient upgrades will reduce your monthly energy bill. The savings may very well pay your monthly loan payment – and then some.
Any equipment qualifying for a rebate is also eligible for low-interest financing. You can tailor your financial package to meet your needs, and you'll benefit from lower energy costs for years to come.
How much can I borrow?
The minimum loan amount is $1,500. The maximum amount that you can borrow is $25,000. Financing is available for qualifying equipment and contract labor.
Do-it-yourself labor expenses do not qualify for financing.
What is the interest rate?
The longer the loan term, the higher the interest rate.
Terms range from 0-60 months with the corresponding fixed APR between 0-6.9 percent. For example, if you choose a 12-month-or-less loan, you may be able to borrow funds interest-free, while 60-month loans are at 6.9 percent. The term and interest rate are determined upon origination of the loan. The term and rate are not adjustable following closing.
If you qualify for the low-interest financing per our financial institution’s requirements, there are no fees (processing fees, points, down payments or security liens) to obtain the loan.
Note: IPL is not involved in the loan approval process.
Are there other fees?
There are no fees to obtain the loan. If you qualify for the loan according to the bank's requirements, you won't have to pay any loan processing fees, points, down payments or security liens.
What products are eligible?
All energy-efficient equipment listed on the Iowa or Minnesota rebates pages qualify for low-interest financing in their respective states. Before making your purchase, call 1-866-ALLIANT (1-866-255-4268) to confirm that your selected equipment qualifies for low-interest financing.
Can I apply for other incentives?
No. If you participate in this program, you are not eligible for other incentives from Alliant Energy on the equipment financed.
How do I find a qualified equipment dealer?
Use our online dealer locator to find an energy-smart dealer, contractor or retailer in your area.
How do I qualify?
- You must own the property on which the equipment and/or measures are being installed.
- All equipment financed through this program must use electricity or natural gas provided by Alliant Energy and must meet minimum energy-efficiency standards.
- Low-interest financing cannot be combined with New Home Construction reward or any other rewards.
How do I apply?
- Determine your desired equipment and obtain the specifications (brand name, model number, size, and energy use) from your dealer or retailer.
- Download the Low-Interest Financing application form for Iowa or Minnesota.
- Fill out application form completely and fax to 319-450-0218 or mail to:
Alliant Energy Rebate Center
ATTN: Low Interest Financing
P.O. Box 938
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-0938
- If your equipment qualifies, we’ll fax the information to our financial institution. A representative will contact you within 48 hours regarding loan approval.