What's in it for me?
- Lower utility bills and reduced operating costs
- Low cost—Alliant Energy pays up to 75% of the total project cost
- A streamlined process designed to work within your busy schedule
- Improved lighting environment
- Contractors you can trust
Questions or ready to take the next step? Call us at 1-866-857-8782.
How does it work?
2. Your contractor will evaluate current lighting, identify improvement opportunities and provide a proposal with upgrade recommendations, project costs, paybacks and rebate information.
3. Consider recommended projects, paybacks and rebates from Alliant Energy.
4. Schedule approved lighting projects with your contractor.
5. Alliant Energy rebates pay up to 75% of your project cost (you earn $0.16 per kWh saved) directly to your contractor. You simply pay the balance. Plus, you’ll enjoy long-term savings on energy costs.
Projects signed, approved and completed (equipment installed and project entered into system) by March 31, 2019, will be paid on the current incentive level. All projects signed and approved after April 1, 2019, will be paid at the new incentive values.
To be eligible to participate in Small Business Energy Solutions, your facility should:
- Receive electric service from Alliant Energy.
- Have an annual electric billing of less than $100,000.
- Occupy less than 50,000 square feet.
- Receive landlord approval if the facility is leased.
- All replacement fixtures and bulbs must be ENERGY STAR or Design Lights Consortium qualified.
Check out the 2018 Small Business Energy Solutions Kickoff presentation.
See how the Small Business Energy Solutions program has helped local businesses make energy- and money-saving lighting upgrades.
Country Foods - Belle Plaine, IA
Dennis Schwab, owner, made a big impact with customers when he converted his grocery store to LED lighting. Alliant Energy incentives covered 33% of the project cost. Not only is the store brighter, but he also saw an immediate drop in his energy bill.
Watch the video:
Rastrelli's - Clinton, IA
Rastrelli’s, a historic family restaurant in Clinton, turned a free energy assessment from Alliant Energy into significant savings. The assessment revealed that, like many restaurants, Rastrelli’s biggest energy users were lighting, refrigeration and kitchen equipment. The restaurant fast-tracked lighting upgrades when they learned they qualified for Alliant Energy’s Small Business Energy Solutions turnkey lighting program.
Rastrelli’s saw immediate savings with Alliant Energy rebates that covered 65% of project costs. The lighting upgrades will also net the restaurant $13,222 annually in energy bill savings.
Guppy's on the Go - Cedar Rapids, IA
Guppy’s on the Go decided it was time to brighten up their Cedar Rapids convenience store and cut energy costs. They completed an interior and exterior lighting renovation in less than two months, with no business down time and a quick return on investment.
Alliant Energy incentives covered over 50% of the cost of the new high-efficiency lighting. Plus, Guppy’s customers are enjoying a brighter, more welcoming retail environment inside the store and out at the pumps.
Watch the video: