Central College is a private four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Reformed Church in America. Central College is known for its academic rigor, athletic success, and leadership and service.
- New insulation in Gaass Residence Hall
- HVAC system in Maytag Student Center
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 25,000 therms | $11,247
Decorah Community School District
Decorah Community School District district serves 1,700 students from early childhood through 12th grade. They create a student centered environment to address individual needs and encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- New gym and storm shelter, expansion of the shop and tech area, remodeled classrooms, cafeteria and administrative facilities at Decorah High School
- Installation of energy-efficient lighting, variable-refrigerant volume heat pump system, frequency drive pumping, ventilation heat recovery, and demand controls
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 1,946,012 kWh per year | $230,021
DuPont™ Industrial Biosciences
DuPont™ Industrial Biosciences produces enzymes to provide solutions for animal nutrition, food, detergents, textiles, carpets, personal care and biofuels.
- Installed new enzyme cell separation and recovery line
- Allows for greater downstream recovery yields of product
- Separation system allows for extra product recovery while minimizing energy usage
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 19,267,801 kWh per year | $1,135,592
Engineered Plastic Components (EPC)
Engineered Plastic Components (EPC) designs, engineers and manufactures thermoplastic products for the automotive, commercial and consumer appliance, aerospace, off-road heavy equipment, agriculture and forestry, scientific and medical industries. EPC is an international company with 15 facilities in the United States and Mexico. It was founded in 1994 by president and owner Reza Kargarzadeh.
- Replaced two hydraulic-driven injection molding machines with all-electric machines that provide better control and faster operation while using less energy.
- Reduced equipment cooling throughout the cycle.
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 40,588 kWh per year | $26,388
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star is a chain of convenience stores in Wisconsin, Minnesota and northeast Iowa. The stores offer superior products at low prices in addition to consumer and commercial credit cards with no annual or monthly fees.
- Exterior and interior lighting
- Air conditioning units
- Refrigeration system and controls
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 125,637 kWh | $6,215
Mercy Medical Center
Cedar Rapids, IA
Since 1900, Mercy Medical Center has delivered The Mercy Touch® by partnering the latest technology with compassionate and high-quality patient care. Today, more than 2,200 employees carry out Mercy’s mission of caring for the sick and enhancing the health of our community, guided by the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Installed variable frequency drives
- LED lamp replacements installed throughout facilities
- Retrocommissioning of air handling unit controls that included temperature setpoints and night setbacks
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 941,082 kWh | $34,659
Priority Envelope is a custom envelope manufacturer that strives to consistently deliver the highest quality and fastest turn times in the industry. They have three locations, including a 96,000-square foot building in Nevada, Iowa.
Replaced existing vacuum pumps with variable-frequency drive controls
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 1,796,258 kWh | $96,623
Cedar Rapids, IA
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Their expertise includes flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, simulation and training, and information management services.
- Replaced more than 3,000 lighting fixtures
- Installed new and more efficient transformers
- Renovated HVAC system
- Installed variable frequency drives on cooling towers and water pumps
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 2,063,879 kWh | $119,098
Frantz Community Investors/Ruffalo Noel Levitz
Cedar Rapids, IA
Ruffalo Noel Levitz provides technology-enabled services, software and consulting for higher education enrollment management and fundraising. Frantz Community Investors (FCI) blends real estate development and management with historic preservation to drive economic growth. The partnered together to build the highly-efficient Ruffalo Noel Levitz building.
Constructed new office building with energy-efficient lighting, windows, insulation and air conditioning units.
Expected annual energy and cost savings: 283,098 kWh | $19,639
Sparboe Farms produces fresh shell eggs in Minnesota, Iowa and Colorado. The company provides safe, quality, nutritious eggs to customers across the country.
Sparboe Farms completed six projects to install LED fixtures and high-efficiency ventilation systems at its Iowa facilities.