What is the SAVE program?SAVE stands for System Adjustment and Verified Efficiency.
The SAVE Training Program is a statewide HVAC contractor training and certification effort in Iowa, managed by the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) and the National Comfort Institute (NCI).
SAVE certification course
This one-day, intensive training program teaches you how to determine the actual effective efficiency of any functioning HVAC system.
- Hands-on demonstrations on how to perform critical HVAC tests, including static pressure and temperature diagnostics.
- Equips you with the necessary testing skills, reference tables and charts, formulas, and engineering data to perform a comprehensive system performance rating report.
Students who successfully pass the certification exam at the end of the course will receive SAVE certification. This certification is valid throughout three utility service territories and is nationally recognized.
The cost of the training and certification is $600. Upon earning the certification, participants may also be eligible for an additional 50% off the cost through training reimbursement.
Students who successfully pass the certification exam at the end of the course will receive the SAVE certification that is valid in all three utility service territories as well as nationally recognized.
sign up now
Why should I take this course?
The SAVE Program is approved for four hours of HVAC discipline and two hours of mechanical code. In addition, you’ll receive:
- Skills you can apply to your business and increase your profits
- Nationally recognized certification
- Listing on the SAVE website in their certified contractor locator – a resource for customers looking for energy-efficient contractors
- Alliant Energy, MidAmerican Energy and Black Hills Energy support this program, so certification is valid when working for customers in all three utility service territories
- Dealer incentives and HVAC rebates will only be paid to SAVE-certified dealers
How does SAVE benefit my customers?
It saves them money every single month on their energy bills and improves the performance of their equipment.
These Alliant Energy PowerHouse videos explain things in greater detail. Feel free to show these to your customers. Once word gets out on the benefits of SAVE installation, customers will demand SAVE certification.