Project description and size
- The Whispering Willow North Wind Farm is located in Franklin County, Iowa. This is an expansion of our existing Whispering Willow East Wind Farm. This is a 200-megawatt project.
- We start construction in the spring of 2019 and will place the project in service in early 2020.
- This project incorporates 81 turbines.
- We are using both 2.5 and 2.3-megawatt wind turbines manufactured by General Electric.
- The energy from Whispering Willow North is enough to power around 93,000 average Iowa homes a year.
- The power is distributed to the energy grid, starting in Iowa, for our Iowa customers.
- This project is expected to deliver $44 million in landowner lease payments over the next 30 years.
- This project is expected to deliver around $104 million in property tax payments to the local area over the next 40 years. This averages to around $2.6 million a year.