Lower fuel costs and decreased emissions are within reach with current and emerging electric technologies. Not only are they widely available, they are more eco-friendly and cost-effective than their gasoline, diesel or propane counterparts. By adopting electrification and innovation, you can move the needle toward a more sustainable future.
Iowa Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) funding now available
The DERA grant is now open for submissions. The grant supports the reduction of diesel emissions in the workplace. Iowa businesses can receive up to 45% of the replacement costs to switch from diesel equipment to electric-powered equipment. Other fuel alternatives are available.
- Electric vehicles
- Electric vehicle charging stations and infrastructure
- Electric forklifts
- Electric-capable truck refrigeration units
Benefits of electrification
- Save money. The price of electricity is more economical than gasoline, propane or diesel and energy use is more efficient. You could spend half as much as you do today on fuel.
- Cleaner, healthier environment. When you use electric powered options, you can reduce emissions and improve air quality.
- Reduced maintenance costs. With fewer moving parts than their gasoline, diesel or propane powered counterparts, electric-powered options can save you money by requiring less maintenance and repair.