Prairie du Sac Dam Aquatic Resources Enhancement Fund
Qualifying governmental units, conservation and river management groups, and educational institutions have until January 6, 2020 to apply for grant dollars from the Prairie du Sac Dam Aquatic Resources Enhancement Fund. The Fund will provide monies for 2020-2021 projects focused on improving the waters of the Lake Wisconsin basin.
Required project location
- Projects requesting funding must be located between State Highway 12 and the tailrace of the Castle Rock Dam, including tributaries of the Wisconsin such as the Baraboo River.
Types of projects
- Projects eligible for financial support may include aquatic studies and research, water quality enhancements beyond standards, habitat mitigation and enhancement, and other measures that support aquatic improvement.
Grant selection process
- The River Alliance of Wisconsin, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources will select the projects that will receive grants.
- Grant requests should not exceed $50,000 per year, for a maximum of two years.
- The grant awards will be announced in late May.
How to apply
- Read the application instructions and form document below for more information on applying for a grant and complete the application form as part of your submittal.