Project description and size
The Upland Prairie Wind Farm spans between Clay and Dickinson counties in Iowa. This 300-megawatt project is Alliant Energy’s largest individual wind farm.
- We plan to start major construction in the spring of 2018 and finish in late 2018. We plan to finish final testing in early 2019.
- This project incorporates 121 turbines.
- We are using a 2.5 and 2.3-megawatt wind turbines manufactured by General Electric.
- The energy from Upland Prairie is enough to power around 130,000 average Iowa homes a year.
- The power is distributed to the energy grid in Iowa, with Alliant Energy customers receiving all the benefits of the energy generated.