Project description and size
The English Farms Wind Farm is located in Poweshiek County, Iowa. This is a 170-megawatt project.
- We plan to start major construction in late 2018 and finish later in 2019.
- This project incorporates 69 turbines.
- We are using a combination of 2.5 and 2.3-megawatt wind turbines manufactured by General Electric.
- The energy from English Farms is enough to power around 50,000 average Iowa homes a year.
- The power is distributed to the energy grid in Iowa, with Alliant Energy customers receiving all the benefits of the energy generated..