By supporting renewable energy through Second Nature, your business can:
- Demonstrate a leadership role in your industry.
- Gain a competitive edge.
- Add value to your brand and generate positive publicity.
- Promote socially responsible business practices and consumer health.
- Join Alliant Energy's other business green energy buyers.
How does Second Nature work?
- Your electric meter measures the kilowatt-hours your business uses each month. We divide this amount by your Second Nature contribution to determine the equivalent of green energy.
- Next, we combine your usage with other Second Nature participants to get the month's total green requirement.
- Then we make sure we're bringing enough new green energy into our energy pool to meet the total renewable energy requirement.
- The additional green energy comes from new Second Nature sources, above and beyond Alliant Energy's standard generation portfolio.
- That means every Second Nature customer directly increases demand for renewable energy and reduces demand for non-renewable energy.
To view highlights of the conditions of your subscription, see the Price, Terms and Conditions.
For a complete list of the resources included in Second Nature and to see what customers received last year, view the Product Content Label.