Alliant Energy® Community Solar for your business
Community solar helps bring together people with a common interest in powering their homes and businesses with solar energy.
Not every location is ideal for solar panels, nor is it always easy to install your own. We’re here to help make solar simple and accessible for everyone.
With community solar, you can buy blocks (% share) in a local solar project up to 100% of your energy use.
- Get paid for being green. Receive a monthly bill credit for each block you own for 20 years. The credit is based on solar production – sunnier days mean a bigger credit.
- Hassle-free renewable energy. No additional space or maintenance required.
- Meet sustainability goals. Get Renewable Energy Credits retired on behalf of your business.
How it works
- Buy blocks in a local solar garden - Purchase blocks of solar to cover up to 100% of your energy use.
- Energy is delivered onto the grid - The energy generated is distributed onto the power grid.
- Alliant Energy powers the community - Clean, renewable energy helps power homes and businesses
- Receive a bill credit - Receive a credit based on solar production.
Community solar will be available for enrollment later this year. Contact your key account manager or the Business Resource Center at 1-866-ALLIANT (866-255-4268) to learn more.