Start your EV adventure here. Whether you’re an active traveler or commuting to and from work, an electric vehicle can get you where you need to go.
Choose from two types of EVs to get the full experience of driving electric:
|Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs)||Battery electric vehicles (BEVs)
|Powered by an electric motor and back-up internal combustion engine||Powered by an all-electric motor and battery|
|Has a 50 mile range in all-electric mode||Travels as far as 200 miles on one charge
|Travels up to 2,000 miles between gasoline fill-ups, if charged everyday||Covers typical daily commutes without needing a daily charge|
|Reduces number of gas station stops, tune-ups, transmission repairs and oil changes, if used in all-electric mode||Removes the need for gas station stops, tune-ups, transmission repairs and oil changes|
- Save money. With less equipment under the hood, EVs don’t require the same amount of maintenance, which saves you money.
- “Fuel” up for less than half the cost. On average, it costs half as much to travel in an electric vehicle than it does a gas powered vehicle.
- Have your own personal fueling station. Not only does an EV cost less to operate, you can “fuel” up in the convenience of your home with your own EV charging station.
- Enjoy better air quality. When a car runs on electricity, there are no tailpipe emissions. Reducing emissions improves the air you breathe.
- Be seen as a green leader. Adopting EVs can help with corporate sustainability and position your company to be a green leader in the community.
- Create a cleaner work environment. EVs reduce direct emissions, which in turn creates a cleaner workplace.
- Save money. With an EV fleet, you can save money by paying less for fuel, maintenance and repair costs.
Did you know?
- Every 500 miles of gasoline-free driving is the equivalent of planting 119 trees in terms of emissions reductions.
- Progressively cleaner fuel mixes for electricity mean emission profiles for electric vehicles actually improve as they age.
- When a car runs on electricity, there are no tailpipe emissions, which helps with air quality.
Today, there are a number of electric vehicle types that can work for your lifestyle:
- Luxury sedan
- Sports car
With close to 40 different electric vehicle options you can choose one that works best for you. Check out the U.S. Consumer’s Guide to Electric Vehicles to help when making your decision.
Save money when purchasing an EV with these available offers:
- EV buydown. Get $500 towards the purchase of a new or $250 for a used electric vehicle. Download the EV buydown rebate form.
- Commercial charger rebate. Receive up to $1,500 rebate if you install a Level 2 electric vehicle charger for employee or public use.
- $7,500 federal tax credit. A federal tax credit of up to $7,500 may be available for a new, qualified, plug-in electric vehicle. Dealers and manufacturers can roll the tax credit into lease packages, which might be an affordable means to experience what electric vehicles have to offer without a long term commitment.
And now, for a limited time, you can get a $3,000 rebate when you purchase the all-new 2018 Nissan LEAF®. This offer expires June 30, 2018, so act fast.
It takes one test drive in an EV to realize this is not your average gas gulping vehicle. Take off from a complete stop with instant torque. Enjoy one of the quietest, smoothest rides you’ve ever experienced. Drivers are discovering the benefits of driving electric vehicles every day. Now it’s your turn. Buy electric. Drive electric.
Call our Renewable Energy Hotline at 1-800-972-5325. We are available 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.