Over 1 million electric vehicles (EVs) have hit the U.S. roads with more than 18 million anticipated to be on the road by 2030.
EVs cost less to operate, require less maintenance and produce fewer emissions.
Check out all of the benefits, rebates, incentives and rate options below that make owning an EV easier than ever.
Start your EV adventure here. Whether you’re an active traveler or commuting to and from work, an electric vehicle can get you where you need to go.
Choose from two types of EVs to get the full experience of driving electric:
|Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs)||Battery electric vehicles (BEVs)
|Powered by an internal combustion engine and electric motor that uses energy from an on-board battery||Uses a battery to store electric energy that powers the motor
|Plugs into an electric power source to charge on-board battery||Charges battery by plugging into an electric power source
|Can travel over 50 miles in all-electric mode and up to 500 total miles before refueling||Can travel more than 300 miles on one charge
|Reduces number of gas station stops, tune-ups, transmission repairs and oil changes, if used in all-electric mode||Removes the need for gas station stops, tune-ups, transmission repairs and oil changes|
EVs are a great choice when considering your next vehicle:
- Drive further. You can travel more than 500 miles in a PHEV without refueling or charging your vehicle. BEVs are achieving more than 300 miles on one charge. And that number continues to grow as technology advances.
- Charge at home. Not only does an EV cost less to operate, you can charge your vehicle in the convenience of your home with your own EV charging station.
- Pay less to operate. On average, it costs half as much to drive an electric vehicle than it does a traditional gas powered vehicle.
- Save money. With less equipment under the hood, a more efficient motor and new technology, EVs require less maintenance, which saves you money.
- Make an environmental impact. When a car runs on electricity, there are no tailpipe emissions. Reducing or eliminating tailpipe emissions allows us to live a cleaner and healthier life.
- Be seen as a forward-thinking green leader. Adopting EVs can help with corporate sustainability and position your company to be a green leader in the community.
- Create a cleaner work environment. EVs reduce direct emissions, which in turn creates a cleaner workplace.
- Save money. With an EV fleet, you can save money by paying less for fuel, maintenance and repair costs.
Did you know?
- Every 500 miles of gasoline-free driving is the equivalent of planting 119 trees in terms of emissions reductions.
- Progressively cleaner fuel mixes for electricity mean emission profiles for electric vehicles actually improve as they age.
- When a car runs on electricity, there are no tailpipe emissions, which helps with air quality.
Today, there are a number of electric vehicle types that can work for your lifestyle:
- SUV/crossover (e.g. BMW X5 E, Tesla Model X and Y, Mitsubishi Outlander)
- Pickup Truck (e.g. Rivian Pickup, Workhorse W15, Ford F-150 (2020),)
- Sedan (e.g. Chevy Bolt, Honda Clarity, Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf)
- Minivan/wagon/van (e.g. Chrysler Pacifica)
- Sports car (e.g. Tesla Model S)
- Other (e.g. Audi A3 E-Tron, Cadillac CT-6)
Owning an EV means you can have your own personal “fueling” station at home. It can also mean no more waiting in line at the gas station, smelling like gas after fueling up or paying over $2 per gallon of gas. Charging your ride is at your fingertips when you own an EV. Learn more about types of chargers you can choose from.
You can receive up to a $500 rebate when you install a Level 2 charging station in your home.
Save money when purchasing an EV with this available offer:
$7,500 federal tax credit.* A federal tax credit of up to $7,500 may be available for a new, qualified, plug-in electric vehicle. Dealers and manufacturers can roll the tax credit into lease packages, which might be an affordable means to experience what electric vehicles have to offer without a long term commitment.
Electric vehicle charging station rebate. Install a Level 2 charging station at your home and receive up to a $500 rebate.
* Tax credits are being phased out as sales volume increases. Timing varies by manufacturer.
It takes one test drive in an EV to realize this is not your average gas gulping vehicle. Take off from a complete stop with instant torque. Enjoy one of the quietest, smoothest rides you’ve ever experienced. Drivers are discovering the benefits of driving electric vehicles every day. Now it’s your turn. Buy electric. Drive electric.
Get up to speed on driving electric and understand why electric vehicles are here to stay.
Call our Renewable Energy Hotline at 1-800-972-5325. We are available 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.