It's great to meet you!
We're your energy company: Alliant Energy.
My Account is everything you need from Alliant Energy, in one place. Enroll today to easily pay your bill, check your energy usage and sign up for other cool options.
Paying your bill
There’s lots of ways to pay.
Save money - and the planet
You pay for electricity based on how much you use. Small changes can make a big difference.
- Use LED lightbulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. You could save as much as $75 a year! LEDs last a long time, so don’t forget to take them with you when you leave!
- Buy a smart power strip to automatically power down devices that aren’t in use.
- Lower your thermostat by 10 degrees if you’re going out of town for the weekend.
They don’t happen often. If you ever do find yourself in the dark, here’s what to know:
When it's time to move out
Here are some questions to ask your landlord when you move in.
- Will the electricity be on when I get there or do I need to start service?
- Do I need to put service in my name?
- Who’s in charge of paying the bill?
- Who pays for air conditioning?
- What kind of meter do we have? Is it a smart meter?
- What kind of heating system does the house or apartment have? Furnace, boiler, baseboard?
Once you set up a My Account, you can easily grant access to your account to another person – like a roommate, spouse or parent.
Here’s how to add a guest user on a mobile device:
After logging in to My Account, click on the three dashes at the top right of the screen.
Under My Profile, select Guest User.
Click Invite User (located at the top right of the screen).
A screen will pop up to request the following information:
- Service Account: Select the account you would like the guest user to access.
- Name: Enter the guest user’s name.
- Role: Select full or view-only access for your guest user. If your guest will need to take account actions, such as making a payment, they will need full access.
- Email: Enter your guest user’s email address.
- Access Period: Indicate how long your guest user should keep their access to your account. You can set this for as long as you would like.
The invited user will receive an email to activate their account.