It's great to meet you!
We're your energy company: Alliant Energy.
My Account is everything you need from Alliant Energy, in one place. Enroll today to easily pay your bill, check your energy usage and sign up for other cool options.
Paying your bill
There’s lots of ways to pay.
Save money - and the planet
You pay for electricity based on how much you use. Small changes can make a big difference.
- Use LED lightbulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. You could save as much as $75 a year! LEDs last a long time, so don’t forget to take them with you when you leave!
- Buy a smart power strip to automatically power down devices that aren’t in use.
- Lower your thermostat by 10 degrees if you’re going out of town for the weekend.
They don’t happen often. If you ever do find yourself in the dark, here’s what to know:
When it's time to move out
Here are some questions to ask your landlord when you move in.
- Will the electricity be on when I get there or do I need to start service?
- Do I need to put service in my name?
- Who’s in charge of paying the bill?
- Who pays for air conditioning?
- What kind of meter do we have? Is it a smart meter?
- What kind of heating system does the house or apartment have? Furnace, boiler, baseboard?
- Once you set up a My Account you can easily grant access to another person, whether this be a roommate, spouse, or parent.
- At the My Account overview screen, select “View, Add & Remove Accounts” from the left-hand menu.
- Select the down arrow next to the account and click Invite.
- Enter the new user’s email address and select access type.
- An email will be sent to the invited user with instructions to activate their account.