Industries for corn-based feed stocks have 'cropped up' all over the Alliant Energy service area, see why our states are great for you!
Why the Midwest?
Here's a quick look at some of the advantages of doing business in the Alliant Energy states:
- Well-educated and productive workforce.
- Strong ethanol company presence.
- Low cost of doing business. See information about Alliant Energy rates & tariffs.
- Excellent transportation system with quick and easy access to markets. Find out more about the accessibility of airports, ports and waterways, and railroads in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
- Great quality of life with short commutes and an abundance of leisure activities. The Alliant Energy states rank high in livability, including affordable housing, lower personal and property taxes and quality of schools.
State Initiative & Incentives
With numerous funds, loans, and grants available, the Alliant Energy states are committed to growing the ethanol industry.
Research and Development Assets
The Alliant Energy states are home to several strong instituational centers for biorenewable research:
- Iowa Energy Center: Biomass Energy
- Iowa Department of Economic Development: Renewable Energy
- Iowa State University: Center for Crops Utilization Research
- Iowa State University: Bioeconomy Institute
- Iowa State University: Office of Biotechnology Research Park
- NSF Engineering Research Center for Biorenewable Chemicals (CBiRC)
- University of Iowa: Technology Innovation Center
- University of Northern Iowa: John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
- University of Minnesota: Biotechnology Institute
- University of Minnesota: College of Biological Sciences
What our customers say
Badger State Ethanol – Monroe, Wisconsin
“Because of Alliant Energy’s involvement with ethanol developments in other parts of their service territory, they had a quick understanding of what we needed. Within a day, they responded with a site in Monroe that could potentially meet our needs. After introducing us to the site and city officials, we knew quickly this site would work.”
Gary L. Kramer, President and General Manager