The Alliant Energy Foundation was formed in order to help improve the quality of life - now and in the future - in the communities where Alliant Energy has a presence. The Foundation's programs reflect a commitment to play an active role in those areas and give back to future generations.
The Alliant Energy Foundation is an independent, non-profit philanthropic organization funded solely by an annual contribution from Alliant Energy Corporation, using shareowner dollars.
Areas of focus
Grants are awarded in three major categories. Programs, projects or initiatives that promote our value-driven priorities of safety and diversity and that qualify in multiple categories are of particular interest and will receive special consideration.
- Helping Families: The Helping Families category covers programs that offer families tools for meeting their basic needs, such as food and housing support, as well as parenting skills classes and similar programs.
- Education: The Education category will concentrate on various areas: job training, mentoring, public library support, financial literacy and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) Education, which align with our business and help develop the Alliant Energy employees of tomorrow.
- Environment: We help protect the environment by supporting organizations that seek to educate, inform and advance environmental issues that have the potential to impact our communities.
The Foundation, which is operated as a separate legal entity, is governed by a Board of Directors. The board, composed of officers and leaders of Alliant Energy Corporation or its subsidiaries, reviews the Community Grants program guidelines on an annual basis.
The Foundation Executive Director manages the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and its programs. With input from local Alliant Energy employees, the Foundation staff develops and administers all Foundation programs aimed at improving the quality of life in the communities where Alliant Energy has a presence.
Alliant Energy Foundation Board of Directors
- Bob Bartlett, Director - Public & Community Affairs
- Kevin Burke, President - Alliant Energy Transportation
- Jim Gallegos, Senior Vice President and General Counsel
- John Larsen, Senior Vice President - Generation
- Linda Mattes, Vice President - Energy Delivery Operations
- Wayne Reschke, Vice President - Human Resources
Alliant Energy Foundation officers
- President: Jim Gallegos
- Vice President: Kevin Burke
- Secretary: Julie Bauer
- Treasurer: Colleen Thomas
- Julie Bauer – Executive Director
- Jo Ann Healy – Senior Program Manager (Wisconsin)
- Leah Rodenberg – Senior Program Manager (Iowa and Minnesota)