The Hometown Rewards program rewards Iowa communities for cutting back energy use. We partner with your town to set energy-savings goals and find ways to meet them over a two-year period.
If goals are met, Alliant Energy will help fund an energy-efficient project chosen by your community. Our past projects include new LED streetlights, an energy-efficient heating and cooling system for a school and solar panels for a town library.
Cities currently participating in Hometown Rewards
Your community could be next!
Only a select number of Iowa communities will be accepted into the program. We’re looking for communities that are serious about the commitment and have the resources available to be successful.
Prior to applying to the program, we suggest you hold a meeting with influential community members who are passionate about energy efficiency and community betterment. Be realistic about whether your community can support the program.
Apply to the program
Be sure to fill out the application completely to be considered for the program.
Mail or fax the completed application to:
ATTN: Hometown Rewards
200 1st St. SE – 8th Floor
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Fax: (319) 786-4043 – Attention: Hometown Rewards
Please review the following rules and guidelines prior to submitting your application.
- Hometown Rewards is only available in the Alliant Energy Iowa service territory.
- Application enrollment windows will be set based on program need and will occur periodically throughout the next five years.
- Community committee members are asked to serve for a minimum of two years.
- Community committee members will be the primary drivers of the program and will work with community members to achieve program goals.
- Alliant Energy will provide resources, guidance and expertise to the community program initiatives.