Please consult with your Alliant Energy representative regarding shovel-ready site criteria.
Award: Up to 40% with a maximum of $5,000 per site.
- The program cannot be used directly with private developers.
- Alliant Energy will be or is the provider of retail electric or natural gas service to the site.
- The minimum size site is 10 acres and must be able to accommodate a 50,000-square-foot building.
- Site must be owned or optioned for at least three years by a local government, economic development organization or developer.
- Infrastructure in place, including a paved road adjoining the site, and water and sewer service readily available.
- Industrial zoning is approved for the site.*
- Sale price for the land is established.
- We do not pay for infrastructure and utility costs.
*A site may be zoned agricultural if the local development organization is maintaining that zoning designation in order to reduce local property tax assessments.
Synchronist database system
We encourage development organizations to have strong business retention and expansion programs and to utilize business interviews and a database to track information. Alliant Energy subscribes to the Synchronist Business Retention and Expansion database system.
Ask your Alliant Energy representative how you can participate for free.