Alliant Energy is a Midwest U.S. energy company proudly serving over one million customers in Iowa and Wisconsin. Our mission is to deliver energy solutions and exceptional service that our customers and communities count on – safely, efficiently and responsibly. As an S&P 500 company with over 37,000 square miles of service area across the two states, we know the importance of energy efficiency and energy reduction.
- Over $12 billion in assets
- More than 6,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity
- 42,000 miles of electric distribution – serving 960,000 electric customers
- 9,400 miles of natural gas mains – providing gas to 410,000 patrons
We are creating a path toward sustainability
We are transitioning to a more balanced energy mix. We are combining clean and renewable sources with traditional ones, while ensuring electricity and natural gas remain safe, reliable and affordable for all customers. Since 2010, we have retired, repurposed or converted one-third of our coal-fired generation.
Moving the bar forward
- Nearly 15% of our power is from renewable sources – with a plan for 28% by 2024.
- 569 megawatts of wind energy is spread across four wind farms – an additional 1,000 megawatts are scheduled for development.
- We operate 41 megawatts of hydroelectric power.
- New solar arrays capable of generating nearly 10 megawatts of energy.
- Our new Marshalltown Generating Station has become Iowa’s first to receive national recognition from the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure, receiving an Envision Platinum awards. The natural gas-fueled power plant produces 660 megawatts of energy.
- The Riverside Generating Station in Wisconsin produces 675 megawatts of energy from natural gas-fired combustion turbines.
- A second natural gas-fueled power plant under construction in Wisconsin, West Riverside, will produce 700 megawatts of energy. The facility will emit less than half the carbon dioxide, about two-thirds less nitrogen and 99% less sulfur and mercury than traditional coal-fired facilities.
We know you need innovative energy efficiency solutions
Customized rates to meet your needs
We have a diverse collection of programs that offer businesses money back for being energy conscious. They range from large business customer discounted rates to high volume industrial rates.
These programs vary by state and can offer businesses discounted rates based on their energy usage. We will work directly with you to determine the programs that best fit your business needs.