Alliant Energy is offering a special economic development electric rate for use at buildings and sites in Iowa that are not utilized or underutilized and already have existing services to them.
Overview of the incentive rate
- For use at sites and buildings where Alliant Energy already has existing service, but that service is not utilized or is underutilized.
- Discount on customer demand charges is for the first five years of operation, starting with a 50% discount in year one. This discount adjusts 10% per year.
- The rate is available to any customer utilizing an infill/brownfield site that does not make a product competing with other products made in Alliant Energy’s Iowa service area.
Alliant Energy will evaluate the availability of any site to determine if it is eligible for this incentive rate. Alliant Energy and its local economic development partners have pre-identified the following sites as likely meeting eligibility requirements.
- Newton Business Plaza – Newton
- 308 29th St NE – Cedar Rapids
- 150 Fox-Sauk Rd – Ottumwa
- 2908 North Court – Ottumwa
- 2460 Kerper Blvd – Dubuque
- 2555 Kerper Blvd – Dubuque
- Modine Manufacturing – Washington
- Evergreen Packaging – Clinton
- Cryotech Warehouse – Ft. Madison
- Hickenbottom Building – Fairfield
- DuPont – Nevada