Applications are accepted through the Alliant Energy eGrant portal. No paper applications are accepted. Each organization should create one eGrant login and password to be shared among all individuals at the organization.
When the grant cycle opens, each applicant will complete a short eligibility quiz to ensure the organization and program fit within Alliant Energy Foundation grant guidelines.
For our two different grant programs, online applications can be created, saved and submitted only during certain times of the year.
|FIRST DAY THE APPLICATION
IS AVAILABLE ONLINE
|GRANT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
(DUE BY 11:59 P.M.)
|COMMUNITY GRANTS CYCLE 1||February 1||March 1||May 1|
|COMMUNITY GRANTS CYCLE 2||August 1||September 1*||November 1|
|HOMETOWN SAFETY GRANTS CYCLE 1||April 1||May 1||June 1|
|HOMETOWN SAFETY GRANTS CYCLE 2||August 1||September 1*||October 1|
|HOMETOWN SAFETY GRANTS CYCLE 3||December 1||January 1||February 1|
- Applications will only be accepted during these annual grant cycles.
- Grants for a project on a particular date should be requested so that a decision can be made prior to the actual start date of the program or event.
- For Community Grants, the Foundation will accept proposals in any of its areas of focus during each cycle.
- Safety related projects should only be submitted through the Hometown Safety Grant program and are not eligible for funding through a Community Grant.
- Grant applicants will be notified via email of the Foundation’s decision on the date noted above.
- Grants are awarded for a one-year period, and the Foundation does not make multi-year commitments.
- Community Grants are typically only given to an organization once per calendar year. Some exceptions may be made for large organizations with multiple divisions or departments, or when the project targets different areas of focus.
- Hometown Safety Grants are given to an organization once every three years.
- Organizations that receive funding of $5,000 or more from the Foundation will be asked to submit a report through eGrant documenting program achievements and lessons learned. This report will be automatically uploaded to an organization’s Drafts folder for qualifying organizations.
- In between grant cycles, you can preview applications.
Apply for a grant
Each organization should create one eGrant login and password to be shared among all individuals at the organization. If you already have an account, you can follow the link and login. If you think your organization already has an account but you are unable to access it, please contact us at 866-769-3779 or email@example.com.
- Visit our eGrant site and create your organization’s login and password. We recommend your login be a convenient and easy form of your organization name. Please note that most organizations will have only one login and password to be shared with everyone at your organization.
- Review the instructions tab.
- Click on Opportunities to view open grant applications.
- Complete the questions and upload the appropriate attachments. You are able to save your grant application and return to it at a later date. Please adhere to the guidelines for accepted document types for attachments. Details will be specified in the application.
- Upon completion, you must hit “Submit My Data” to complete the process. The eGrant system will send an electronic confirmation that your request has been received.
- Grant applicants will be notified via email about decisions on the date specified.