Great work is being done by you, our customers, throughout the communities we serve. We are happy to help your local organizations, events and programs with sponsorship support.
Similar to the Alliant Energy Foundation Community Grants program, we concentrate sponsorship support on strategic initiatives that align with our business and core values. In 2017, Alliant Energy provided more than $400,000 to support these causes.
Before taking your time to apply, please carefully review the sections below. If you require further information, please contact our Community Affairs office at 866-769-3779.
- General guidelines
- Projects we fund and don’t fund
- The application and process
- The program or event needs to take place and serve customers within the Alliant Energy service territory.
- If an organization qualifies, it would typically receive one sponsorship per calendar year.
- Sponsorship support varies widely depending on the opportunity for Alliant Energy. A sample list of past sponsorships is available to provide you with guidance on appropriate sponsorship levels. The majority of our contributions are $500 or less.
Projects we fund
Sponsorships requests will be provided to programs, events and fundraisers that support organizations working in the areas outlined below. If you’re not sure if your program aligns with one of these areas, please contact us at 1-866-769-3779. We’re happy to provide guidance and input.
Helping families – In this category, we specifically support programs in these areas:
- Food, nutrition – Pantry, delivery, school or backpack nutrition programs
- Housing, shelter – Emergency shelters, programs that help disadvantaged families
- Clothing, basic household needs – Clothing, cribs, car seats
- Adult education: parenting skills, financial literacy, English classes
- Domestic or child abuse – Safe house, awareness, or prevention programs
- Respite care for people with disabilities – Adult/family day programs, workforce development
- After school and summer programs targeting minority populations
Education – In this category, we specifically support programs in these areas:
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)
- General education and literacy programs for children
- Agricultural education
- Youth development, mentoring
- College readiness
- Workforce development
Environment – In this category, we specifically support programs in these areas:
- Environmental education – programs teaching about environmental issues, endangered species, wildlife protection
- Conservation – tree planting, actively protecting and preserving wildlife space and waterways
- Trail projects – benches, signage, trail improvements
- Park improvements and updates – benches, signage, picnic tables
Community Engagement – In this category, we specifically support programs in these areas:
- Community celebrations – Summer and holiday parades, festivals, fireworks
- Holiday light programs
- Chamber of Commerce, City or County sponsored events, luncheons or celebrations
- County fairs – Educational public programs, preferably with a STEM connection (science, technology, engineering or math)
- State historical groups – Exhibit support (no capital campaigns or restoration/improvement projects
- Individuals with disabilities – Events supporting disable individuals (i.e. sporting events)
Public Safety – In this category, we specifically support programs in these areas:
- Police, Fire and EMS – Sponsor fundraising events (equipment requests are accommodated through the Hometown Safety Grant program)
- Fire prevention programs
- Safety education programs
- Youth hunting clubs – education and safety related
Diversity, Respect – In this category, we specifically support programs in these areas:
- Diversity programs/events – Supporting opportunities and equality for ethnic minorities and LGBT; Conference sponsorship, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day events, community celebrations
- Women – Conferences, workshop or leadership programs supporting equality for women in non-traditional roles
- Veterans – New flags, memorial plaques, honor flights, events
Projects we don't fund
- Religious institutions such as churches, synagogues, temples or other houses of worship, or any organization whose main purpose is to promote a specific faith, creed or religion and/or direct resources to advocate for a specific ideology;
- Organizations that discriminate against people because of their age, race, creed, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or national origin;
- Fiscal agents;
- Contributions to individuals;
- Contributions to intermediary (“third party”) funding groups that raise money to distribute to other charities;
- Fraternal or social clubs;
- Events, fundraisers, or programs that primarily support arts and culture or health and wellness initiatives, including education programs in these categories;
- Capital campaigns, including emergency vehicles, new construction, structural renovations, repairs or similar projects;
- Multi-year pledge requests;
- Athletes, teams, sporting events or tournaments, and swimming pools;
- Registration or participation fees for individuals, teams or schools for fundraising events, e.g., walk-a-thons, runs, travel funds for tours or tournaments;
- Golf outings, or run/walk events
- Books, magazines or professional journal articles;
- Computers, laptops, or iPads;
- Field trips; Post-prom events, Booster programs
- K-9 service dogs or related equipment;
- Legal Aid;
- Trick or treat events;
- Community welcome signs;
- Holiday gift programs that provide toys or Shop with a Cop;
- Individual Boy/Girl Scout troops
- Applications for sponsorship support are accepted year-round. Applications are considered on a monthly basis by regional review committees.
- Request for events that happen on a specific date should be submitted at least 60 days in advance of the event.
- All sponsorship requests and additional support materials should be submitted through our online request form. Alliant Energy no longer accepts requests through mail or email.